Engineering Management Jobs
This page contains Job Descriptions for Engineering Management Jobs that we have available.
|Copyright© 2013 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Position Title = Engineering Manager – Pipeline Engineering Group
Education Required = BSME or BSCE
Experience Required =
Position Description =
- A minimum of ten years of on-the-job experience within a utility focused on pipeline operations as well as pipeline
- A minimum of five years of experience in a leadership position [Required].
- Work experience demonstrates a history of advancement within one company [Required]
Professional Engineer (PE) Registration Required
The Pipeline Engineering Manager oversees and performs responsible engineering work on a professional level with latitude
for independent action or decision. The Manager is responsible to ensure: 1) quality of analysis and design of engineering
projects and 2) compliance with all relevant codes and standards. The Manager position provides a balance of industry
experience with consulting skills that result in the ability to take a leadership role to ensure the successful completion of
projects. The Manager is a mentor to Engineers and provides expertise and support to clients that is industry leading.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Pipeline Analysis, Design, and Material Selection
- Review designs and documentation to ensure compliance with design criteria and standards
- Gas system network and hydraulic analysis
- Support the project team as a mentor and industry expert
- Alternative/Feasibility Studies
- Maintain excellent project communication with proven tools and processes
- Provide onsite project management to oversee completion of work
- Take the lead role in supporting our clients to successfully complete projects
- Seek opportunities to support our clients with the skills we possess
- Develop meaningful and trusting client relationships
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor and develop employees; assign, direct, evaluate work performance and provide coaching
for continued growth in performance
20% travel time is expected
- Utility Business Understanding
- Proven Ability to Lead and Train Others
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Effective Communication - Written and Verbal
- Innovation (Creativity)
- CEQA, CEC and Agency Permit processes for pipeline installations
- Proficiency in the area of pipeline open cut and trenchless design
- Technical Report Writing
- Project Management Principals and Application (Cost, Scope and Schedule)
- Proficient use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
Location = Walnut Creek, CA
Job Title = Quality and Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science from an engineering school. An ABET-accredited
engineering degree is preferred
Experience Required = 5 or more years applicable experience, including 3 years supervisory experience
Position Description = Develops and maintains the Quality System to meet the intent of customer need, Company policy,
worldwide standards, certifications and government requirements.
Location = Brenham, TX
- Create and maintain Company Quality Manual.
- Ensures the Quality System supports continuous improvement objectives.
- Develops and maintains procedures, jointly with other functional areas, to effectively implement the Quality System.
- Audits the effectiveness of the Quality System and serves as a focal point for external audits.
- Analyzes and reports data which provides critical quality measures to all affected functions.
- Plans and directs Company’s manufacturing engineering activities.
- Uses the continuous improvement process to improve the quality, reliability and performance of manufacturing
- Ensures current and future manufacturing processes are statistically capable of meeting engineering intent and
product quality expectations.
- Assigns engineering resources as appropriate.
- Coordinates engineering activities with appropriate functional departments.
- Hires, directs and develops staff in the quality and manufacturing engineering functions.
- Maintains departmental budget.
- Communicates with customers, suppliers, auditors, inspectors and employees worldwide.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Title = Engineering Manager
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline. Advanced degrees in Business Management or
technical disciplines are desirable but not required
Experience Required = 3+ years of experience managing people and projects. Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma
experience is preferred. ASME code fabrication and welding experience is preferred but not required.
Position Description = The Engineering Manager (EM) is responsible for achieving goals through the engineering team. The
Engineering Team includes Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Interns and Drafting. The EM is
responsible for both R&D and sustaining engineering results. R&D engineering goals are primarily driven by the Sales and
Marketing Team. These activities are focused on product line extensions and new product development including testing and
developing product specifications. Sustaining engineering projects include engineering activities and efforts with existing
product lines and manufacturing equipment. Goals must be established for the engineering team, resources must be
identified, budgets developed and project timelines and milestones must be maintained.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee Engineering activities and duties within the organization
Location = Baton Rouge, LA
- New product development and line extensions
- Sustaining engineering projects and activities
- Work with Sales and Marketing to identify primary R&D goals
- Work with the Engineering Team as required
- Prioritize sustaining and R&D activities to meet objectives
- Develop and manage project budgets and schedules
- Manage the ECR/ECN system
- Manage the Engineering Team to achieve goals
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends at national and international levels in the industry
- Attend training courses and conferences
Job Title = Vice President of Engineering
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = Preferred: MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, PE Certification ,Ph.D. is a plus.
Experience Required = Minimum of 15 years of increasing responsibility designing and delivering to market large capital
projects; at least 5 years in a technical leadership role. API Code equipment experience preferred, but not required.
Position Description = Must be a skilled and experienced technical engineering executive. Responsible for developing and
modeling custom subsea equipment. Provides technical, project, and organizational leadership for the engineering team,
including , mechanical engineering, project and program management, technical support and documentation with the goal of
delivering compelling products to market with a high sense of urgency.
Manages multiple product development and support efforts with a “hands on” and “lead by example” style that affords a
high degree of personal interaction with systems, people, and processes. This is not a “command and control” leadership
role. It is anticipated that the successful candidate also possesses “significant potential” and will be able to take on
increasing amounts of responsibility over time and with strong performance. Through frequent customer and peer
interactions, the executive makes strong contributions to the product road map and participates in setting the strategic
direction of the company.
- Direct reports include mechanical engineers, project managers, and documentation reporting.
- Collaborate with the sales and customer organizations to ensure that new products meet market and code
- Partner with marketing for new product development and design reviews. Actively participate in Product Life Cycle
planning, contributing to the product definition and specification and prototype testing, and leading the effort to define
process recipes and protocols.
- Own the product development roadmap and ensure that products meet market window timelines and required
specifications (On-Time; On-Spec; On-Budget).
- Lead engineering projects through product development phases from concept to manufacturing transfer. This includes
product release reviews, product documentation, and timely generation of accurate bills of material.
- Manage design and development activities with a focus on meeting system target cost objectives.
- Lead product modeling and analysis efforts.
- Mentor junior engineers to develop applicable skill sets.
- Understand and manage the financial impact of decisions on the business; manage the department budget.
- Work with Marketing to present technical roadmaps to customers and set product specifications.
- Facilitate technical support to the sales organization, including sales presentations, and customer consulting.
- Manage the setting and measurement of goals and objectives for the department, including direct reports.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills in inspiring, driving and executing results through others.
- Select, develop and/or upgrade talent as needed to ensure success.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and create a sense of urgency and inspire a commitment
- Possess proven project management skills and/or program management experience.
- Continually strive to improve processes and procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Will be a key member of the Federal Leadership team.
Location = Houston, TX
- Proven track record of delivering new products to market. Strong NPD/NPI performance.
- Understanding of ASME and API codes.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and demonstrates and promotes a strong sense of urgency in the
- Executive presence, maturity, leadership, and wit.
- Experience building a team that is accountable for meeting/exceeding commitments.
- Ability to balance the financial considerations of the business, the specifications of the systems and time to market.
- Anticipates and resolves roadblocks and manages customer expectations.
- Capable of managing multiple on-going projects within specified time and budgetary restrictions while maintaining
strategic vision with regard to future issues.
- Well organized and able to manage the details required to insure all aspects of engineering run seamlessly.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal skills, as well as the ability to work with other members of the senior
management team to develop and launch new products.
- Dynamic leader capable of creating, articulating and implementing a vision for engineering.
- Embodies the essential characteristics of creativity, integrity, competitiveness, accountability and teamwork.