Plant Engineer - Houston, TX
This page contains Job Description for Plant Engineer in Houston, Texas
|Copyright© 2014 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Job Title = Plant Engineer
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = B.S. Engineering
Experience Required = 8 years related experience with a engineering degree, or equivalent job experience.
Position Description = A leading manufacturer of urethane products for the corrugated box industry is seeking a qualified
Plant Engineer. The Plant Engineer will plan, direct, and coordinate manufacturing processes in our industrial plant.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and
workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts,
and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules,
and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- PLC programming and knowledge of Microsoft products required. The ability to learn and become proficient in other
computer programs is necessary.
Location = Houston, TX area
- Machinery and equipment, design, re-design, layout and maintenance planning
- Drawings, mechanical, electrical, and complete understanding of the processes.
- QC documentation, knowledge of thorough and complete processes.
- Work instructions and documentation, knowledge of the process from start to finish, departmentally, corporate wide.
- Computer skills, proficient in solid works and PLC programming.
- Understanding of Project planning and design, with cost justifications.
- Evaluation of existing processes, with constant improvement goals.