Process Engineer / Technical Manager Job - Westlake, LA
This page contains Job Description for Process Engineer / Technical Manager in Westlake, LA
|Copyright© 2014 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
Position Title = Process Engineer / Technical Manager
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = BS or in a related engineering field such as Mechanical, Chemical and or Environmental
Experience Required = 2-5 years experience in the process improvement /environmental field
Job Description = Under general supervision works with management to develop, design and implement improvements to
achieve production, environmental and safety goals in accordance with Company policy and is responsible for maintaining a
vapor control equipment fleet to be utilized in tank degassing and vacuum truck operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluate analytical equipment such as VOC analyzers, LEL meter etc.
• Perform routine mechanical and electrical inspections
• Train field personnel on safe operation of equipment
• Works with local operations to improve and manage environmental and safety procedures and practices.
• Develops process improvements and identifies required parts and equipment to achieve production goals.
• Provides technical support to Operations on a day-to-day basis in order to meet production goals
• Develops key process parameters identification and targets
• Provides support in the development of standard operating procedures
• Identifies improvements and developing conceptual scope in facility to support business strategy
• Supports production quality processes
• Manage capital improvement projects as assigned
• Provides specific unit expertise to Project Engineering group as needed
• Provides technical support to all plant EH&S initiatives
• Participates in all safety, environmental, and team meetings/programs as appropriate
• Participates in PSM unit revalidations and project HAZOPs as required
• Maximizes production yields, optimizing utilities consumption, etc
• Serves as team member on all quality projects for assigned units
• Performs work practices that positively impact Safety and Environmental performance
• Performs other duties as required.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to read and write English (literate)
• Strong environmental regulatory knowledge
• Ability to effectively apply engineering knowledge
• Ability to interpret plans, prints, graphs and P&ID’s
• Knowledge of standard process equipment and maintenance
• Good people skills
• Ability to read and communicate instructions
• Ability to interpret lab data/analytical and treat ability studies
• Ability to utilize testing equipment to make process changes
• Ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
Location = Westlake, LA (Relocation to Westlake not required. The job involves a lot of travel to job sites and will also
require visits to the Westlake office. This will be treated as business travel and will be reimbursed as such and in accordance
to company policy.