Quality Manager - Tucson, AZ
|Copyright© 2014 International Technical Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
International Technical Services
Engineering Recruiters Engineering Employment Agency Engineering Headhunters Contract Staffing Agency Engineering Jobs
This page contains the Job Description for Quality Manager in Tucson, Arizona
Position Title = Quality Manager
Status = Permanent Full Time with Benefits
Education Required = Bachelor Degree (preferably in a technical discipline).
Experience Required =
Position Description = Company is recognized as a world leader and innovator in precision injection molding, tooling and
- 5+ years of quality assurance or quality engineering supervisory experience in plastic injection molding including
Medical Device experience.
- Quality System Regulation (QSR) experience.
- Experience in a multi-plant environment preferred
contract manufacturing serving market leading companies across the globe and is looking for a Quality Manager with Plastic
Injection Molding experience.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for maintaining and improving the plant-wide quality system that focuses on
customer satisfaction, defect prevention, and continuous improvement utilizing six sigma techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as the Management Representative and champions ISO9000 / TS16949 / ISO13485 certification audits, training,
- Manages the Material Review Board, internal/external auditors, CAPA, document control, and record review.
- Oversees and manages a staff of Quality Technicians, Finished Goods Inspectors, Document Control Specialist, Trainer,
and Manufacturing Quality Engineers.
- Improves quality assurance systems plant-wide to achieve zero defects through hands-on training, strong work ethic,
and leadership by example
- Identifies and resolves systemic quality problems at both plant and corporate levels through a reduction in variation in
processes and components.
- Maintains and enhances plant level quality performance metrics.
- Participates in quality reviews with other plant managers and quality managers.
- Improves profitability through reduced internal scrap and customer return
- Supports company-wide six sigma training program and assists in supporting lean manufacturing efforts. Successfully
interfaces with key customers and prospects to improve quality and win new business.
- Effectively works with Engineering Managers and Advanced Quality Engineers to insure on-time Initial Sample
Inspection Report (ISIR),Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) validation, and annual revalidation (where required).
- Participates in a robust APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) system that assures quality risks are identified and
resolved prior to production.
- Effectively works with plant and field-based quality personnel to reduce customer complaints and achieve superior
Location = Tucson, AZ
- Bachelor Degree (preferably in a technical discipline).
- Minimum of 5-10 years quality assurance or quality engineering supervisory experience in medical device and/or
- Quality System Regulation (QSR) experience for medical device manufacturing.
- Plastic injection molding experience desirable, preferably in a multi-plant environment.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, Quality Manager and/or Six Sigma green/black belt certification is
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, meeting facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Strong customer relationship building skills.
- Strong "hands on" analytical problem solving abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally, with some overnight travel included